For many, the idea of owning a small business is a dream come true, but achieving the ideal financial and lifestyle outcome requires hard work and the development of the right skill set.
About this Qualification
A Certificate IV in Small Business Management offers a practical, hands-on approach to learning with an emphasis on solving real business problems interwoven with theory and case studies on small business management – ideal for those who are ( or wish to become ) small business owners.
What you will Learn
You will learn a range of vital skills including :
• Managing finances
• Managing a team
• Project management
Units of Competency
The Certificate IV in Small Business Management requires 10 units of competency:
- BSBSMB401A - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB402A - Plan small business finances
- BSBSMB403A - Market the small business
- BSBSMB404A - Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405B - Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB406A - Manage small business finances
- BSBSMB407A - Manage a small team
- BSBMKG414B - Undertake marketing activities
- BSBPMG522A - Undertake Project Work
- BSBREL401A - Establish networks
Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning
Credit Transfer and RPL offered: Recognition of prior learning and skills assessment.
Delivery Mode and Duration
Distance: Students are given 8 months to complete the course.
Workplace: Minimum 12 sessions
- Discussion Points / Interviews
- Projects / Research Reviews
- Direct Observations & Demonstration
- Written Assignment & Case studies
- Simulated work place activities
- Workplace Practicals
- Log Book/3rd Party Report/References
Click Here to check your eligibility for Victorian Government Funding
Victorian Government Funded Tuition Fees
Click Here to view the course fees for Certificate IV in Small Business Management*.
For pricing options in other States, please enquire below.
* Tuition Fees may vary depending on electives selected
** Fee for services price on application
Successful completion means you are eligible to enrol in a range of Business qualifications, such as marketing, management and project management.